Saturday, July 14, 2012

Implementing an Electronic Health Record System

Am still working on developing courses for a Health Information Certificate.  HealthIT has a great site, How to Implement EHRs at http://www.healthit.gov/providers-professionals/ehr-implementation-steps 

It does not use technical terminology, such as the Systems Life Cycle and that is a good thing.  I believe that healthcare providers will find the site easy to understand and use.

There are some phenomenal resources at the HealthIt website, but they are not easy to find.  

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for sharing this article on EHR Jeanne .I have been doing research online on this subject because I have been hearing so much about it. That's how I came across your blog. I found your article very interesting and insightful. I'm going to check the site out you shared and share this blog with some of my co workers. Thank you again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree! What a great post! Electronic Health Records are becoming more and more of a viable way to expedite the chart process in the medical fields. EHRs promises accuracy and a more comprehensive way to read the chart. I wish that the whole field would move in this direction

    ReplyDelete