Saturday, July 7, 2012

The End of iGoogle

Read an article that summarizes my feelings about the end of iGoogle at http://www.macworld.com/article/1167572/lamenting_the_end_of_igoogle.html this morning.  iGoogle is equivalent to my personalized newspaper.  It has my calendar, email, Flickr photos, and more.  It is my homepage.  Of course, Google wants me to use the Chrome web browser while I generally use Firefox.  Firefox is used by 44% of the readers of this blog, but Chrome is used by only 10%.  Maybe that is Google's strategy - to get more people using their web browser.

Hmmm.... going to have to rethink my preferences for a homepage on the laptop.  It really is not an issue for the iPad or iPhone but it is for a desktop or laptop computer.  Google is nudging me out of my comfort zone. 

No comments :

Post a Comment