Monday, July 23, 2012

Guide to Reducing Unintended Consequences of Electronic Health Records

I researched unintended consequences of implementing an EHR (electronic health record)  in the design process of courses for an HIT certificate.  There are some great sites.  AHRQ has an online guide at http://www.ucguide.org/

Unfortunately, many providers do not contact a REC (regional extension center) for advise when implementing an EHR.  You would think that they might seek advise before spending thousands of $$$$ to purchase an electronic system.

I am certain that one was at the HealthIT website, but I cannot locate it (I do not like their search engine).   

1 comment :

  1. This was a very interesting read Jeanne! I'm happy I came across this while reading about Electronic Health Records online because this was a very informative read on the consequences of it. I still believe that the positives outweigh the negatives when it comes to this but that's just my opinion, thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete