Sunday, February 10, 2013

Video and iBooks Author

I continue to work on my eBook about data analysis using spreadsheet and database software every day.  Last week I finished writing two chapters with short tutorials for Excel.  After I finish the tutorials for FileMaker Pro, I will be creating supporting video for the iBooks Author eBook.  Fortunately, Frank Lowney is a member of our university's ePublishing faculty learning community.  Frank posted a blog on how to easily incorporate external video into iBooks Author at http://frank-lowney.blogspot.com/2013/02/how-to-easily-incorporate-exterbak.html with a HTML (hypertext mark-up language) widget.

He makes the point that if the video is embedded in the eBook, file size is an issue.  External video mitigates the problem; however, the user must have the ability to connect to the Internet.  Frank's blog includes a supporting video as well as screenshots with call-outs. I look forward to creating videos to support the eBook chapters.  Use of external video is certainly an option to explore.

No comments :

Post a Comment