Thursday, February 21, 2013

Previewing Files in Google Drive

There was a Google Blog this week about a new feature in Google Drive - the ability to preview 30 different file types in Google Drive.  The blog is online at http://googledrive.blogspot.com/2013/02/preview-files-in-google-drive.html

I had to try out the feature.  The first thing I did was to go to Google Drive using a web browser.  The instructions to right-click and choose Preview did not work.  I did notice, however, that there was an eye icon in the Google Drive menu and checkboxes by each file.  Sure enough, when I clicked on the checkbox and then the Preview eye button, I was able to preview the file.

It did not make sense that I was unable to follow the instructions on the Google Blog!  So I figured that it might pertain to the Google Drive that I downloaded to the Mac and Windows computers.  I opened the Google Drive app, and the directions to right-click and select preview worked.  

No comments :

Post a Comment