Sunday, February 17, 2013

Office 2013 - Changes and Work-Arounds

I have been using Office 2013 with Windows 7 for almost a week now.  The changes are not radical, but can be annoying.  For example, when you open a document that is "not editable," such as one attached to an email or downloaded from a learning management system, it opens in "reading mode" with arrows horizontally like a magazine.  PC World has a nice article that identifies work-arounds for the changes, 12 Infuriating Office 2013 Flaws (And How to Fix Them) at http://www.pcworld.com/article/2028412/12-infuriating-office-2013-flaws-and-how-to-fix-them-.html

I do not agree with the PC World term "flaws," but I appreciate the information on how to customize the functions of Office 2013.  When I view the few 2013 Office features, I think of the new iTunes menu, which BTW I changed to look like the original view.

No comments :

Post a Comment