Thursday, February 7, 2013

Text Messaging with Pictures

I read an online article, Panda, Gun, Gift: Why Emojis are Everywhere, at http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/24/emojis-taking-over-why-now-iphone-ios.  Had to smile when reading it because I use emoji images all the time when texting to someone who also has an iPhone or iPad.  In fact, my husband uses emojis almost exclusively to tell me that he has arrived at his office or on the way home.

He did confuse me one time when he was flying on a business trip.  The text message showed a jet icon and 3 mice.  I interpreted the message to indicate that there were mice on the plane!  He laughed and told me he meant to tell me that the plane had landed in Orlando, Florida where Disney World and the Mickey Mouse family are located.

If you have an iPhone or iPad, are you using emoji?  If not, try it because it is FUN! Emoji is a keyboard.  Go to Settings > General > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard... > Emoji.

After you have activated the keyboard, you will see a world icon on the bottom left corner of the keyboard you use to write text messages.  Click on it to find the pictures you want to use in your message. The most commonly used one will appear on the icon that looks like a clock face to the right of the world icon.

Smile, text away, and enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment