Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Dell Venue Woes

The model of Dell Venue Pro I attempted to use for 2 months is flawed.  Notice - I said the MODEL, not all of the product lines.  I worked with Dell Support, DellCares, and University IT support for 2 months.  Dell sent a replacement 2 weeks ago  - many of the same problems persisted - sleep/turn off/would not wake up, touch screen suddenly stop working (corrected by undocking and redocking), USB intermittently not working, etc.  I returned it today to IT :-(  The problems were so significant that I did not take it to the ANIA meeting last week.

IT gave me a Microsoft Surface as a replacement. I finally have a product to replace my OLD Dell 630 laptop.  Have lots of work ahead of me to rebuild this tablet.  I will plan to take this tablet to the MERLOT meeting next week. 

I have so many things to report from the ANIA meeting last week!  It was a fantastic meeting.  Loved the ANIA app for the iPhone.  Like many others, the "goody bag" was not used.  We are more and more digital.

No comments :

Post a Comment