Saturday, March 22, 2014

Dell Venue Update

As it turned out, the first Dell Venue tablet I received at the beginning of February was defective.  Dell replaced the tablet and I picked it up on Tuesday.  So far it is working.  It is similar to the iPad, but a has all of the power, software capabilities, and storage of a desktop.  I still do not like the attached keyboard, but hopefully will get an upgrade.  When all of the files from the older model laptop are moved to the Dell Venue, I will turn the laptop back into IT.

I did pick up a rubber tipped stylus to use with it from Best Buy this week.  The screen size is so small, that they stylus helps when making selections.

While it was frustrating to attempt to get the first Dell Venue to work for 4 works, I have to commend DellCares on Twitter.  They constantly reached out to me to resolve the problems.  DellCares was an amazing experience.  Kudos to those who were so supportive as well as the University IT support person - Matt!!

I wanted the new tablet to use as I am finishing up the first round of edits for the 5th edition Informatics and Nursing textbook.  I wanted the ability to take high resolution screenshots.  The replacement came just in time. 

No comments :

Post a Comment