Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Microsoft Surface

Well I gave up on the Dell Venue Pro.  Apparently the model that I attempted to use was the problem.  I exchanged it for a Microsoft Surface at the end of last week.  Life is good!  The small screen is good for portability, but it is small. 

I finally learned how to use the pen today!  I "knew" it had to have some added value.  In OneNote, I can write just as I would with paper and pen.  I can also "erase"  using the end of the pen - as well as have the written info converted to text.  I am concerned that it might be easy to lose the pen when only attached at the magnetic point on the side of the tablet.  I'll have to be careful.

Like the Dell, the battery life is fairly short.  It almost lasted the 4 hour meeting this afternoon.  Of course, I have everything "turned on" that uses battery life. 

I am using it as my only computer on the Sloan-C/MERLOT Emerging Technologies in Teaching Conference here in Dallas.  The tablet fits easy in my purse.  The next step is to finish building it and to transfer files from the old laptop.

No comments :

Post a Comment