Sunday, February 12, 2012

Transferring iRecorder Audio Files

iRecorder is an awesome app that records audio.  Kendra and I have used it several times to record audio from focus groups. My problem (emphasis on me) was that I could not figure out a way to transfer the files from the iPad.  After some persistence today - I figured it out!  YEA!!!

It was especially great because we had recorded a 1 hour focus group earlier this month and I really wanted to have a backup of the recording and a way to give the file to Kendra to create a transcript without giving her the iPad.

The screen shot below shows how File Sharing appears in iTunes.  Click in the box on the left and scroll to see the app with associated files that can be shared.  As you can see, there are numerous apps with associated files that can be shared.

It is possible that the new version of iTunes was a part of the solution.  Anyway, the "fix" pertains to all apps that use iTunes File Sharing.  In iTunes, click on the Apps menu.  Scroll down to see File Sharing.  Click on the app with files that you want to export.  I was able to export the 96 MB file to Dropbox and then transfer the file from Dropbox to the Mac laptop.  An iRecorder file has a .caf file format which can be opened with Apple QuickTime.

3 comments :

  1. With an online data storage facility, you can get your data wherever you are in the world. You don't have to log in your laptop always to access your files. Simply log in to the online data storage site, enter into your personal account, and you can get access your data.

    transfer files

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice article, I enjoyed this blog.
    By the way I recommend a good app for ipad: iPad File Transfer

    ReplyDelete