Monday, October 26, 2009

Webinar and Polling Software

I have been exploring the use of webinar and polling software for the past several months.  Some of the grad students in the Integrating Technology in the Health Science Educator Role have not had any experience with webinar software.  It is a concept that some of the informatics students had difficulty understanding, too.

Many of the colleges and universities in the University System of Georgia (USG) use Wimba; however, GCSU does not.  I would like to use webinar software for:
  • Online course orientations
  • Student "oral" class presentations
  • Assissting one or more students who need guidance to resolve a technology issue
  • Collaborate with students on course projects
  • Online meetings
I am familiar with Wimba and Elluminate from a participant and speaker's perspective, but what about free solutions?  I discovered DimDim (http://www.dimdim.com/ ) this past weekend. It is free for up to 20 users.  It has all of the features that were on my "want" list:  videoconferencing, ability to use presentatiaon and polling software, and the ability to share desktops. 

Next, I explored using Poll Daddy software (http://polldaddy.com/ ).  It could be useful for formative assessments for a lesson or course.  So far, I have experimented with the use of polling software in email. My next step is to include it on a web site or this blog.

2 comments :

  1. Webinars software are the way to future education and innovation. Even I use this software for the online meetings. It's a best way to meet clients and others. It's easy to create and present as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent and helpful post… I am so glad to left comment on this. This has been a so interesting ..I appreciate your effort..
    Online Meeting Software

    ReplyDelete