Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Creating an eBook Part 2

I downloaded Stanza  reader software for the iPhone to explore how it might be used to create an ebook.  Stanza can read files with ePub formats.  I discovered that there is a desktop version of Stanza (that works both with a PC and a Mac) that you can download to convert different file formats to an ePub format. 

Since I am teaching an informatics course this semester with 2 ebooks that are PDF files, I wanted to see if I could read one of the books on the iPhone.  It was so easy!  I exported the book to ePub format and then  used the iPhone to find the "shared book" which was located on the PC desktop. Have not had time to explore how easy it might be to navigate the converted ebook, but that will be the next adventure.

No comments :

Post a Comment