Friday, October 23, 2009

Educational Gaming

I attended a 2 hour webinar entitled Playing Games to Enhance Learning with Dr. Atsusi Hirumi as a presenter this afternoon.  Plan to attend the follow-up face2face presentation next Friday.  The presenter engaged the audience by asking us to visit gaming sites and then used online polling to obtain feedback. The SCORM modules that I am sharing in this blog are low tech gaming solutions (in comparison to scenes and lifelike figures).  I will be posting some examples of more sophisticated gaming software pertinent to the health sciences later.  I did add a couple of educational gaming blogs to my Blogger site to follow. I attempted to search for additional one at the Technorati (Blog search engine) http://technorati.com/ site, but the search engine was not working.

Gaming sites to explore:

What other sites or educational gaming blogs do you recommend?
This information supports Chapter 23 on e-Learning (Thede & Sewell).

No comments :

Post a Comment