Tuesday, July 20, 2010

IPad Review - the good and needs improvement

Have been traveling with the iPad for the last 5 days and the experience has been interesting. I attempted to turn on the cellular service at the Atlanta airport several times unsuccessfully. It worked like a charm in San Francisco.

2nd bump in the road... Attempted to use Google maps for GPS guide but it drained the battery quickly and did not work as well as the iPhone.

3rd bump in the road... Just like the iPhone, the iPad decided that it did not like the exchange server email. Evereything was working okay until I turned it off and on again. The iPad kept turning itself back to the screen saver. I finally had to delete the account and add it back.

Now for the pluses!! I went to the Apple store in SF and it was fun just watching the people. I did not see Steve Jobs there :). I decided on purchasing leather cover. It is a bit heavy....feels more like a book now, but provides excellent protection to this glass book. It will still fit inside my purse and I believe it will save having to remove it when going through security at the airport. The cover folds in different positions (similar to the Apple cover) for viewing and typing.

The cellular service is fantastic!!! It saves having to pay $10-12 per day hotel fees. It worked perfectly on the Caltrain from SF to San Jose.

No comments :

Post a Comment