Saturday, July 31, 2010

Interactive PowerPoint

I stumbled across a free PowerPoint add-on that allows for interaction using multiple mice (wireless and wired).  Think of it as using a personal response system, only the device is a mouse.  While the app is designed for children, there is absolutely no reason that it could not be used for higher education.  The app is called Mouse Mischief and available at http://microsoft.com/multipoint/mouse-mischief 

There are video overviews and many templates that can be downloaded and used in the classroom setting. While I do not have time to create slides for fall semester, I can easily envision using the app with students in the NCLEX prep course.

To experience the app, I connected a wired mouse to my computer which already used a wireless mouse.  I indicated that I was using multiple mice.  It is simply an amazing program!

No comments :

Post a Comment