Thursday, December 13, 2012

Translator Add-On for Safari

I have been triaging health sciences learning resources for MERLOT this morning using the Safari web browser on the Mac.  I noted that several of the recent additions were written in Hebrew and Spanish.  Since I did not have the Chrome web browser open, I decided to explore the translator add-on for Safari.  To get the translator go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions > Get Extensions.  Type translator is the search menu and then click on the install button.  After the translator is installed, it will show up as an icon in the URL address menu.  See the screen shot below that shows the gray icon labeled Word.

I used it to translate a neuroanatomy learning resource.  The translator auto-detects the language used for the website.  The translation to English was excellent!  Unfortunately, the translator does not work on website with PDF files.

No comments :

Post a Comment