Saturday, December 8, 2012

Customizing the Mac Computer Dock

Yesterday, over half of the readers for this blog are Mac users - amazing.  That make some sense because many of my more recent blogs relate to Apple products.  A couple of days ago, Chris Breen posted a new How-To blog on customizing the dock, where selected apps appear on Mac computers at http://www.macworld.com/article/2018708/mac-101-dealing-with-the-dock.html?page=2 .

The secret, once again, is in the System Preferences.  Many of us were originally Microsoft PC users.  When we migrated to Apple products, we tried to do everything like using Microsoft Windows.  Now that I use Windows and Apple operating systems almost equally, I find myself trying to work on a Windows PC like I do on the Mac, for example, mouse scrolling and finger gesturing.

Because Apple products are designed differently, the Mac experience can be initially frustrating. That is a good reason to explore Chris Breen's How-To postings.  Next week he will focus on System Preferences (analogous to the Control Panel in the Windows OS).  That should be a great How-To!

1 comment :

  1. Reputable apple mac repairs shops in central London?
    My macbook pro fell and the screen cracked. I just need the glass replaced and the apple store said they could only replace the whole screen for 300 pounds (typical). It also just randomly shuts down occasionally. Know any good, trustworthy places I can take it to get a quote & repairs? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete