Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mirroring the iPad

With our faculty development ePublishing workshop there is so much to learn!  I saw a video in MacWorld today that demonstrated mirroring the iPad on the Mac. That was a process that I wanted to master.  It would be a very nice feature to include pertinent videos about the iPad in this blog, in a course, or in a workshop.  It turns out that there are several apps that allow that to happen without using Apple TV! 

I decided to try the Reflection app.  It was amazingly easy.  All I did was to download the app (trial) to the Mac.  I double-clicked the Home button on the iPad and did a right fingersweep.  A button appeared that allowed me to select to mirror to the Mac and to turn on mirroring using AirPlay.  That was it!  The image of the iPad appeared on the Mac.  I then started Screenflow video capturing software and did a sample recording.  I am still a novice user of Screenflow but plan to work with it more.  I could do some great recordings for the iBook and also for my online course content.

Apparently, Reflection and AirServer are very similar apps.  The cost is identical - $14.99. 

2 comments :

  1. It is so good and informative! Thanks for your good sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why other professionals don’t notice your website much m glad I found this.

    ipad

    ReplyDelete