Thursday, April 19, 2012

Learning Access 2010

I worked with a student yesterday on a synthesis project.  She asked me to consider writing a textbook on Access.  I wish I had the time.  It is so difficult to use textbooks that do not have healthcare examples.  It is so difficult for clinicians to see the relevance to their practice without concrete examples.  This morning I researched for resources that I could use in conjunction with data sets such as those from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).  I found a great resource in GCF Learning!!   It includes concise lessons on Access 2010.  Each of the four categories shown below have instructional videos.  The tutorial also includes a sample Access file that users can download.  The tutorial can be accessed from http://www.gcflearnfree.org/access2010


Access Basics

Working With Data

Running Queries and Reports

Database Design Tips

No comments :

Post a Comment