- Smart pump custom concentrations without hard "low concentration" alerts - A perfect storm for patient harm
- What's wrong with "ketofol"? In a word, plenty!
- All is not as it seems... Caution: drug names that end with the letter "L."
- OR nurses: "Stop using multidose vials."
- Medical equipment, not a toy.
- New Resource: Tubing Misconnections Self Assessment for Healthcare Facilities (www.ismp.org/selfassessments/
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
NurseAdviseERR - March Edition
The Institute of Safe Medicine Practices (ISMP) publishes a fantastic newsletter, NurseAdviseERR every month. The March newsletter (need Adobe Reader)focuses on several topics. I have copied/pasted the bullet points highlighting the features of the issue below.
For previous issues of the newsletter, go to http://www.ismp.org/Newsletters/
To sign up to receive email alerts of new issues, go to http://www.ismp.org/Newsletters/nursing/default.asp