Monday, March 5, 2012

DocuCare Electronic Health Record for Nursing Students

Our nursing faculty had a demonstration on DocuCare electronic health record (EHR) for nursing students.  Until now, we have been using a home-grown spreadsheet simulation.  We looked at some of the free EMRs that are available, but they offered more that we needed to teach effectively and not enough nursing student support.  If you have followed my blogs, you will note that I have reviewed some of the other EHR solutions for students. Cost has been the main problem - especially when the product involved a huge annual maintenance feel.  The main pluses I saw with the DocuCare product are:
  • It allows simulation documentation
  • It allows a way for instructors to provide feedback on student documentation
  • Student documentation can be tracked
  • It includes a pre-populated case library
  • It in integrated with the Lippincott Nursing Advisor and Procedures and skills
  • It includes documentation for the Laerdal Simulations 
It is yet another interesting EHR simlulation product that our faculty will explore.

7 comments :

  1. As a instructor we have decided to have the students post through the use of Soarian, but leave it "in progress" that way it is in cyber space, but the students get use to charting. We also give them an assessment sheet to turn in weekly that gives them the opportunity to really document.

    ReplyDelete




  2. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com) You can also whatsApp them at: at +44-75967-81743 (WhatsApp Only) .. and inform them Leah Brown addressed to you ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to tell you that I simply adore you and your work. http://www.imresidency.net/our-services/internal-medicine-residency-personal-statement/ I have been such a big fan and I hope that you can continue this amazing work for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really see a lot of potential in the stem cell treatments and have faith that it will be the cure to many elements. visit website It is most certainly medicine of the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your blog whatever you've write here. There has some journal where you can post your review writing things. visit the site and it will tell you how you can get our service for the personal statement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The link for the nursing blog can give you the best session for the electronic health. You can also maintain your life with the new career. Find your link with http://www.gifellowship.com/6-things-to-know-about-gastroenterologist-master-of-none-actor-dr-shoukath-ansari/ and enjoy the best site for the nursing students which can really help you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. electronic link is posted for the exaggeration for the clients. All the abilities to learn more is done for the humans. The content is done for the perfect items for the theme collection for the students.

    ReplyDelete