Saturday, February 22, 2014

Free Microsoft Office Online - New Feature as of February 19, 2014

On February 19, Microsoft Office unveiled an equivalent to Google Drive.  You can read more at http://blogs.office.com/2014/02/19/introducing-office-online/ 

When I went to Office.com, the website recognized that I had two accounts associated with the same email address - the account that I have had for many years and the university account.  The great news about that is that many of the files from my Windows laptop are on one of the two accounts.  I accessed the Office account that I have had for many years using the MacBook Pro laptop.  I noted that I had the basic 7 GB storage space (started with 25 GB at one time), but if I synced my Mac, I would receive an additional 7 GB of storage.

I need to use the online Office resources to experience the limitations.  However, it is fantastic for users to have access to an alternative to Google Drive.  

No comments :

Post a Comment