Saturday, February 8, 2014

Dell Venue Tablet - Another Update

I have used the Dell Venue tablet for one week.  I am "taming" it :-).  Tech support said it did not work "out of the box" as it came with outdated drivers.  IT admin indicated that the product might have been pushed out a little too early. 

Anyway, the "cardboard" feel keyboard works best only if resting on a solid surface, such as a table.  Fortunately, since I am testing the product, I have an opportunity to get an upgraded keyboard.

The other quirks apparently related to Microsoft Windows 8.1 and not Dell.  Examples, include that sometimes the tablet will not respond to the attached keyboard - but only to the on-screen keyboard.  The tablet will turn itself off suddenly without notice.

I had written earlier that I was not crazy about Windows 8.  I have changed my  mind - and like it.   It is different. 

No comments :

Post a Comment