Sunday, January 27, 2013

Gmail and Google Drive

I was reading an article about Gmail and Google Drive that shared interesting information about how users can now share LARGE files using Google Drive.  If you use the combination, the attached file size limit is 10 GB!  The standard file limit for attachments with gmail is 25 MB.  Of course, to use the feature, you have to have a Google Drive account.

There was just one thing that confused me and that was the graphic showing Google Drive as a choice in gmail (see below) because it was not a visible choice with my gmail compose window.
With a little detective work, I realized that the Google Drive icon does not appear until you mouse over the plus sign (+) to the right of the paperclip icon (see below).
I am using the new gmail "look" that allows you to have many small compose menus open simultaneously.  Take a few moments to explore some of the new gmail options, if you have not already done so.

No comments :

Post a Comment