Saturday, January 21, 2012

More on iBook Author

Okay, I was able to get my Mac laptop operating system updated to Lion yesterday so that I could get access to iBooks Author.  I downloaded the app to my Applications folder.  The app is in Mac App Store.  Click on the Apple in the top left side of the Mac screen and then click on App Store.

The app is very similar to Pages and Keynote and very easy to use.  I read an interesting article in MacWorld about the app - Four Open Questions about iBooks Author.  The article includes excellent points and certainly worth reading.

iBooks Author Help indicated that any iBooks that you create can either be uploaded to the iBookstore or exported as PDF or text formats, but not ePub. iBooks Author Help also provides guidelines about file size.  File size is an important consideration.  As an example it took 30 minutes for me to download the sample iBook to my iPad.

Will share more information about this very innovative app later after more experimenting....



No comments :

Post a Comment