Thursday, January 19, 2012

Apple Education Update

The Apple Education Event was this morning at 10 AM.  MacWorld blogged the event so it was the next best thing from being there.  Apple introduced iBooks 2 and iBooks Author.  iBooks 2 is designed to create interactive searchable textbooks that can include video and animations. 

iBooks Author is a FREE app for creating the interactive books.  It is only available for the Mac and you need the Mac OS 10.7 or higher.  Of course, my Mac only has 10.6 :-(.  I will take it to work tomorrow to get the OS upgraded to get the opportunity to use the authoring software.  In my "spare" time, I want to get started on a iBook textbook on using Access for nurses. 

The focus is on K-12.  There was discussion about using the iTunes U app for courses.  For more information on the event read the article in the Washington PostMacWorld is a great resource to learn more. 


5 comments :

  1. Wow the concept of ibook is amazing. Having videos and animation in this book will help students a lot. It provides you great opportunity and students can get better ideas. http://www.personalstatementwriters.com/lund-university-admissions/ is what you all want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have visited the exhibition and that was epic from a developer's point of view because I had every thing there to check more info of my work that I have been doing and that helped me a lot as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple has done a lot already for the evolution that we are feeling now and there is still a lot to come with the help of http://www.lorwriting.com/writing-letter-of-recommendation-for-dental-school/ so that the help can be shared with the other countries of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An apple education is updated for the struggle and all vital parts for the humans. The provision of the thing and useful this post site is explained for the motivation of the tings for the humans in this ambit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be the so much positivr for this time and know this is the best choice for me. I have to read this full for the solution and need to know more about this.

    ReplyDelete