Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Merging Two Documents Using Word

Some days it doesn't take much to make me happy and today (a drizzly, rainy day) is one of those days! I received a document that was revised without using the Review menu in Word, but I needed to be able to make the changes visible.  Not a problem!! :) I checked the Help feature in Word only to find that the menu was right under my nose on the Review menu - the Compare function.
The first step I took was to open the original file and click Track Changes in the Tracking menu.  Next, I clicked on Compare in the menu.  A window popped up asking me to select the two files that I wanted to compare.  I selected the original document with Track Changes activated and the revised document. The next step prompted me to select which document to use to combine the changes.  I selected the original document.  A final click and the process was complete!  Amazing and so simple!!

A screenshot of the final "Combine" window is displayed below.



No comments :

Post a Comment