Thursday, October 14, 2010

MERLOT and SoftChalk

Georgia College has a site license for SoftChalk - software that make is easy to create professional looking online lessons.  I learned how to use it beginning in August and used it to design all of my fall courses.  I knew from MERLOT meetings, that MERLOT had a partnership with SoftChalk.  As an example, you can search media resources from within SoftChalk and embed it in the lessons.  Examples include Flickr, MERLOT, YouTube, etc.

I participated in a fast paced Webinar taught by Sue Evans from SoftChalk last week.  What I learned is how to create a lesson using SoftChalk, contribute it to Connect (a database of shared learning resources), and then add the link to the lesson to MERLOT.

If your agency does not have a license for SoftChalk, you can try it out for 30-days.  (And no, I have no financial interest in the software company :).

No comments :

Post a Comment