Friday, September 24, 2010

Dropbox Update

I just read an article on CNET that notes that Dropbox, cloud computing file storage is now available for the Blackberry (http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-20017270-12.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=iPadAtlas).  I first learned about Dropbox from Martha - then afterwards realized that so many other colleagues  have been using it.  I am sure that I have mentioned the app previously, because it is amazing that first 2 GB of storage are free.

Dropbox has a social media feature which provides the ability to share files with others.  As examples, I have a shared folder with my husband - anything that we want to share with each other are in that folder.  I have another shared folder with the Walden University student that I am mentoring.  She is applying learning about data analysis using Excel and Access. 

The most amazing feature about Dropbox is that it is available on my iPhone, iPad, Mac, and PC computers.  That is not true for iWorks ($99) or Office Live Skydrive (25 GB free strorage with purchase of Office 2007 & 2010).

1 comment :