Tuesday, August 27, 2013

WiFi Range Extender

I had a really weak WiFi signal at the kitchen end of the house and the porch.  Last week Flor shared that her home has 5 WiFi range extenders.  Wow!  It prompted us to do a search for WiFi range extenders.  We ordered one and it arrived this afternoon. 

The install was not difficult, but had a slow start.  My computer would not see the range extender until I disconnected from the Internet and used an Ethernet cable to connect the laptop to the range extender. I had to enter the encryption code for the extender (cloned from the router/modem) on all of the devices (computer, iPhone, iPad).  The range extender has already made a huge difference.  So tomorrow, when we meet to work on our research and write, we will have a strong WiFi signal in the kitchen.

1 comment :

  1. Really good…. I am also facing the same problem in my lawn. I will try this to extend the WIFI range.

    ReplyDelete