Sunday, September 16, 2012

Blocking Facebook Posts

I do not know about others, but I have some Facebook friends who are very vociferous about their views.  It make me really uncomfortable to see their posts - like viewing Flame Wars. It  has gotten so bad recently, that I considered blocking the friends.  However, I do consider these long-time friends, truly to be friends because I went to grammar school and high school with them. I simply do not share their views on certain topics.  This morning, I discovered an add-in for the Firefox web browser that allows us to block Facebook posts, F.B. Purity. The article that explains the add-in is in MacWorld at
http://www.macworld.com/article/1168588/how_to_block_annoying_political_posts_on_facebook.html

When I first looked at Facebook, I could not see the Add-in.  It was under the "What's on your mind" entry box.  Once, I realized where it was located, I click on it and entered the terms (one on each line) for the Facebook posts that I chose to block. 



No comments :

Post a Comment