Saturday, February 5, 2011

Creating Videos for the Web

The first three days of class were cancelled at Georgia College this semester because of snow and ice.  I had all of my courses, except one, were designed in a hybrid mode, but not stand alone online.  Since timing of getting courses started was a critical factor, I created several podcasts to introduce the course syllabi, calendar, and navigation.  The Mac laptop (KeyNote, GarageBand, iTunes) and the free Elluminate headset (give-away at a conference last year) were immensely helpful.

After I created the podcasts, I uploaded them to the GC podcasting server.  One student had difficulties viewing them, so I also uploaded the PowerPoint equivalent (no audio).  The podcasts served as a work around to assist the students to get started on their courses.
We began a new series of Faculty Development workshops yesterday.  My goal is to improve the quality of my podcasts and to share resources that I discover helpful with everyone.

One of the education listservs that I follow has a very nice resource designed to help others create video for the web.  The resource is designed by Richard Byrne.  It is online at http://issuu.com/richardbyrne/docs/making-videos-on-the-web/1

No comments :

Post a Comment