Saturday, November 23, 2013

Google - Two Factor Authentication (Two-step Verification)

If you have been following my blog recently, you know that I am in India now.  I thought that I had changed all of my accounts to invoke enough security, but NOT!  My Facebook account was hacked yesterday.  The hacker did not spell my name correctly and from what my friends have shared, had poor writing skills.  I was able to create two-factor authentication for the account this morning and have added a new level of security.  Of course, it also meant changing the email passwords for other accounts.  I have written about the importance of two-factor authentication before, but the Google video from YouTube below explains additional information.  Hope that you find it helpful.

No comments :

Post a Comment