Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Empowered Healthcare Consumer

A student in one of my courses shared a great story about a recent healthcare experience.  It punctuated the amazing possibilities for empowering the consumer.  I have de-identified the report, but you should be able to appreciate the story.

"I thought I would tell you that my kids are both sick and I had to take them to see their pediatrician last night. ...when I checked them in, they asked me for my email address. When I got home last night I had an email from them telling me how to log into their new Patient Portal. They are using eclinicalweb and I was able to log in and see everything about the kids' visit including their lab results, the visit report, vitals, etc. It was so nice to have access to that and it really made me think about how good it would be for all offices to do this so that patients can be informed about their care!"




5 comments :

  1. You can now empower the consumer related to the factor of the health care centre. Just visit this great topic and get the special pattern to this area. With the link of https://internalmedicine.residencypersonalstatements.net/create-a-brilliant-rheumatology-personal-statement/ you can find the best textbook with this area of the informatics and nursing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you ahvesuch experience and you share that with the readers so https://pathology.residencypersonalstatements.net/how-to-write-a-letter-of-recommendation-for-a-pathology-residency-program/ can publish that for you so you can have some betterment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healthcare is the field where you can find the true pattern for your working area. You can also see the nursing blog with this field. Just get the work with website and enjoy the everyday life with the quite great area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Health care and all other ideas have been done for the humans. The motivation of the thing and visit the site has been chanced out. The furnished item has been done for the approval of the documents for the citizens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With this area of the healthcare you can find the new blog of the nursing and can enjoy the better timethere. Just get your deal and visit the site which can give you the nice details about the link of the informatics.

    ReplyDelete