Wednesday, September 7, 2011

QR codes in the Georgia College Library

A few weeks ago I was exploring QR codes.  I downloaded the app for my cell phone and iPad.  Then Martha shared the fact that a library was using QR codes to provide additional information about resources.  In the particular example she shared the library used the QR codes as a "where in the world" game.  Just a few minutes ago, I received an email that says QR codes are now available in the Georgia College library.

Am quoting the email below:
"These square symbols are “read” by a QR code reader application (on a smart phone or device) and information is brought to the screen. The library is introducing these codes to provide students and researchers with additional information about the library, to find subject guides, etc. Special Collections is also using QR codes for their displays and exhibits to provide viewers with more insight about the materials."

Hope that the students and faculty appreciate the interactive innovation! 

5 comments :

  1. Again a best plan for students in the library. The information they will add is perfect and students will love this site just because of it's uniqueness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in your article "QR codes in the Georgia College Library " I see you are really good writer like
    Discover more. I love it . I will read your more article in future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are the special codes for the Georgia college library. Just get your deal more strong with this site and enjoy the real textbooks here in this section of the fun. You can also make your life more good with the better stuff of the teaching and learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am searching here to QR codes in the Georgia College Library . I already read your article. its really amizin. thanks for the article I appreciate it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. The maintaining of a website is so hard work for the owner. I have a site also, so that I know this very well why this is so hard. But one thing more that you need to know this well.

    ReplyDelete