Saturday, June 26, 2010

Windows Office Live

I have been using Windows Office Live beta since it was first released.  It is a  Windows cloud computing resource that has made phenomenal improvements!  I firmly believed that Microsoft should have a free version of Office.  After all, there are many wonderful free choices including Google docs, OpenOffice.org, and Zoho. My wish has finally come true!  This morning I received an email announcing that within the week I can upgrade to Windows Live Skydrive with 25 GB (yes, gigabytes) of storage space AND cloud computing office apps.  The web apps are Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote (one of my favorites). For more information about the web apps, go to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/web-apps/office-web-apps-overview-FX101825723.aspx

The cloud computing resource requires us to use Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari web browsers.

No comments :

Post a Comment