Tuesday, April 20, 2010

PowerPoint Presentation Software Skills List

I invite your feedback on this listing of Presentation software skills (PowerPoint, etc.)
Basic Presentation Skills
* Design a simple presentation
* Apply a template
* Insert a new slide
* Apply the use of different slide layouts
* Use spell-check
* Save a presentation
* Add shapes to a slide
* View a slide show
* Print a presentation

Intermediate Presentation Skills
* Customize the presentation menu
* Create handouts
* Add clip art to slides
* Add SmartArt to slides
* Move and resize objects
* Incorporate multimedia (audio, graphics, animation, and video) into slide design
* Modify multimedia used for presentations
* Demonstrate competency using two presentation software applications
* Save a presentation in file formats for use with other software applications
* Share/collaborate with others on presentation design
* Apply pedagogical principles to presentation design (Purpose, visual clarity, consistency, readability)

Advanced Presentation Skills
* Design on-screen navigation
* Customize presentation toolbars
* Embed/edit a spreadsheet
* Create a macro
* Add slide transitions
* Add slide sections
* Design slide animations
* Demonstrate advance text and graphic editing techniques
* Build custom slide masters
* Build custom handout masters
* Build custom notes masters
* Create a presentation template
* Publish and distribute presentations
* Demonstrate competency using more than two presentation software applications

5 comments :

  1. Under beginner ppt skills you may want to put print slides (slides, slides w/ notes, more than 1 slide per pg).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good suggestion. Thank you, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne, I would add to the intermediate level Compress photos (right click)to reduce file size.
    Also edit photos/graphics for resolution and fit and for web use before inserting them in presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, Great addition! Thank you, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    I am Shivane Kay, member of a PowerPoint Skills community. I had landed on your website “http://jeanne-sewell.blogspot.in" and found the articles really worth reading. The quality of your content is so good, that it made me request you something. I love to write PowerPoint Skills articles and would like to contribute something for your website. I can give you an original guest post and if you want, you can suggest me the topic also and I will write accordingly. Not only that, I will also give you all the rights to edit the article and modify it as per your
    need.

    In response I expect you to give a link back to one of my endorser who helps me to continue
    my passion and serve individual sites and blogs like yours.

    Please let me know your thoughts. Waiting for your positive.

    Thanks

    Shivane Kay

    ReplyDelete